Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mandala Spa - Bad customer service

Mandala Spa – Bad customer Service

Last October 8, we went to Mandala Spa to get a massage to relax our tired body. Our appointment was at 430Pm, We arrived there 4:15. I picked their Mandala Signature Massage while Rich got the Mandala Deep Tissue Massage. I was excited because I’ve heard so much about Mandala Spa, they were even featured in the show In Fitness and In Health.

After removing all the clothes and accessories and with only the sarong to cover our body, we were ushered to their Yin Yang Pavillion. The pavilion is open-air. You have a view of the vast trees that surrounds the area.

My massage lasted for 1 hour and 30 minutes, I had to wait for Rich, his massage lasted 2 hours and 10 minutes. When Rich came out, his face was a bit swollen, he said he was uncomfortable with his position, that must be the reason. I didn’t notice how swollen his face was when we were still at Mandala since he was wearing a cap. I only noticed it when we were already in the room. He drank Benadryl antihisthamine. We thought that he might be allergic to the oil they used. In the morning, his face was still swollen. I was worried. I called Mandala at 8am to check if they had the same case before. A guy answered my call, he said they are not yet open and there’s nobody to answer my inquiry. He took my number, both hotel and mobile numbers. I told him that it’s emergency because my cousin’s face is really swollen. He said they will call back. After my call to Mandala, I called front desk to check if there is a hospital nearby. Fortunately, there is on call doctor in the island. The doctor examined him and we told him what happened. He said, it looks like insect bite. I thought it must be, because there were mosquitoes buzzing on top of my face during the massage. He gave him a shot of medicine (I forgot what it was).

I did not get a call from Mandala. My cousin is ok now. It’s a bad customer service not to call back clients when you said you would, specially if it’s an emergency case. I really feel bad. I am not blaming them for what happened, but I was expecting a little courtesy.

4 Comments:

At October 14, 2005 1:28 AM, Blogger iFred said...

where is that mandala located?

 
At October 14, 2005 9:53 AM, Blogger Alma said...

It's in Boracay. They have a nice place there. Ok na sana e, kainis lang dahil nga di man lang tumawag uli to check kung ano na ang nangyari dun sa nireport ko na problem...grrr!

 
At October 15, 2005 12:47 AM, Blogger Dorothy said...

last time i was in bora we also checked out this place. noticed that although the place is nice, parang madumi or maalikabok yung surroundings. since it's an open space, dapat di ba they conduct fogging? ewan ko. basta, buti na lang ok na cousin mo.

 
At October 24, 2005 9:36 AM, Blogger Alma said...

hi pao! yup, they should really do something with the mosquitoes there. na-spoil tuloy ang nightlife ng cousin ko. nighlife in bora is the best, second to the beach :)

rich, waiting for your return :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home